Locking in decks with the CAMO Wedge Clip – The decking clip that keeps on getting better!
Securing Deck Boards Has Never Been More Universal
There are a myriad of options available when it comes to fastening your deck to a frame. Since the invention of composite deck boards, engineers have been looking for better and faster ways to secure them.
Just when we thought there wasn’t much further to go in creating the ideal clip, then comes this! National Nail’s CAMO® brand recently announced the launch of it’s new CAMO® WEDGE™ and WEDGEMETAL™ clips. These clips by definition truly offer a universal installation experience for grooved composite deck boards on any frame.
CAMO Further Wedges Their Way Into Deck Fastening With Innovation
There’s a new way to grip deck boards – and it’s with the new CAMO® WEDGE™ and WEDGEMETAL™ clips! This new clip has the ability to outperform other clips with a new spring loaded ‘wedge’ that stays put. The Wedge Clip grips deck boards with a snug fit in grooves, and by staying put where they are placed.
This innovation has been a long time coming. This clip looks to improve for the purpose of streamlining the deck building process for contractors, builders, and DIYers alike. According to CAMO Product Manager, Greg Groenhout states, “In listening to contractors and keeping up with board groove technology, we continue to innovate our iconic Clip System to meet the demands of all builds. We are pumped about this new universal clip that makes fast, faster.”
Camo Wedge Clips – Installation Is A Breeze
A few key features set the new CAMO Wedge and WEDGEMetal clip apart.
- Let’s start with CAMO’s commitment to their product’s success – as they extend a Lifetime Limited Warranty on these new clips. If your decking is warrantied for up to 50 years, your deck clips should be also.
- The new WEDGE Clips have been tested and warranted by CAMO for use in securing grooved boards made by TREX, TimberTech by AZEK, Fiberon, MoistureShield, Deckorators, and most other leading brands.
- WEDGE Clips are approved for use on most deck boards. This includes PVC, Composite, and Hardwood deck boards, boasting a standard 316 Stainless Steel Marine Grade Screw and gusset. This means these clips meet and exceed basic recommendations for general deck construction. This includes coastal applications for projects that require the best corrosion resistance in coastal or saltwater environments. While you may not live near a coast, these are useable in highly corrosive environments like saltwater pool decks.
- WEDGEMETAL Clips are a great upgrade to the METALXCLIP. Although these are great, the wedge clip features is much more reliable than the x-wing design on this other clip. In addition to the new gripping, these clips for installing decks on metal (steel) frames are engineered for maximum performance. The WedgeMetal Clip boasts 410 Stainless Steel drill point screw for use on 14-18 gauge joists and blocking.
- These clips are designed for one-handed installation – as they’ll stay put once they are placed. Wedge Clips will space every deck board the same at 3/16”.
- Both clips can be installed with the CAMO NEVER-MISS® Guide. However, they can be installed up to 5X faster with the CAMO ClipDRIVE or DRIVE stand-up tools.
The Deck Clip that Keeps Getting Better – The Last Next Best Thing For Now
Are you skeptical about trying this new clip? Maybe you are ready to open a new chapter in your deck building journey. If so, you can use what is arguably one of the most reliable deck clips available now, at The Deck Supply. Just know that here at The Deck Supply we highly recommend this new clip! In that, we encourage you to have a go and see if this clip can live up to the hype, and save you time and effort!
New CAMO WEDGE & WEDGEMETAL clips fit any board in any deck pattern.